One Act Fest NW: April 10-19, 2015
Call for submissions
Whidbey Island Center for the Arts announces its first annual One Act Fest NW.
The festival will showcase Peter Shaffer’s brilliant one-act Black Comedy, directed by Tristan A.B. Steel surrounded by at least four other one acts solicited by both playwrights and directors.
SUBMISSIONS BEGIN ON JANUARY 19 AND CLOSE ON FEBRUARY 16.
Submit your proposal for a one-act play to be included in the festival beginning on January 19. Download submission details and form here. Winning plays to be announced on February 20, 2015.
The festival runs from April 10-19, 2015.
- All submissions must include completed registration form and a $25 non-refundable registration fee.
- The performing group is responsible for all royalty payments. A letter confirming permission from the publisher or playwright must be included.
- A clean copy of the script must be included. Photocopies will only be accepted for an original script.
- Plays must be one-act in length. Performances between 10-60 minutes. No excerpts.
- Each group is responsible for supplying its own technicians for stage management, and light and sound operation. We can provide training to operators.
- Each show must be set up 10 minutes and struck in 5.
- Casts can be either youth or adult.
- Original plays should include information on any other prior performances or if this is a world premier.
Plays will be selected based on artistic merit, technical and casting requirements, adherence to submission rules, length, and originality.
Awards and prizes will be presented for: Outstanding Production, Outstanding Director, Outstanding Male and Female Actor, Outstanding Technical Merit, and Outstanding Original Script.
We look forward to hearing your ideas. Any questions please contact the administrative office at (360) 221.8262.