EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Hourly, part time
REPORTS TO: Lead House Manager
House Managers are responsible for strengthening and enhancing the experience of our patrons, artists, and volunteers in the support of the mission of Whidbey Island Center for the Arts by offering a welcoming and professional environment, and stellar customer service. House Manager: part time and seasonal position; must be available on weekends.
- Understand and perform duties as listed in venue’s HM checklist.
- Refer to event memorandum for opening of the lobby and house, running time including intermission(s), late seating, etc.
- Coordinate with Stage Management and Box Office
- Monitor physical surroundings in all Front of House areas prior to, throughout and after event for safety, cleanliness and functionality.
- Prepare and submit time sheets and Front of House charges for event settlement
- Address and document volunteer conduct and issues
- Maintain proper image and generate positive public relations.
- Respond quickly and courteously to patrons’ needs, questions, comments, or concerns with answers and/or action
- With Box Office, resolve any ticket and seating issues at events.
- Assist patrons with disability-related issues.
- Coordinate the handling, distribution and disposal of programs and inserts
- Maintain a lobby presence during the event to assist patrons and volunteers.
- Assess Front of House needs for equipment and supplies and report them to Admin
- Recommend and refer potential front of house volunteers
- Assist with evaluating and recognizing volunteers for outstanding service
- Manage and implement established Front of House emergency procedures. (Familiar with location and operation of emergency exits and equipment.)
Hours: Hourly, weekends and evenings required
Please send a letter of interest and qualifications to Stacie.Burgua@wicaonline.org
BOX OFFICE ASSOCIATE
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Part time, hourly
REPORTS TO: Box Office Manager, Executive Director
Box Office staff is responsible for strengthening and enhancing the experience of our patrons and volunteers in the support of the mission of Whidbey Island Center for the Arts by offering a welcoming and professional environment, and stellar customer service. This position is for weekends; and other hours as needed.
· Attend to all aspects of Box Office and ticketing needs
· Produce daily reconciliation and event reports
· Alert Box Office Manager when box office supplies are low
· Ensure box office phone message and reader board information are current
· Demonstrate discretion and ensure our patrons are guaranteed their rights to privacy
· Attend weekly staff meetings as required
· Administrative duties as required
Hours: weekends; and other hours as needed.
Box office is open Wed.-Fri., 2-6pm, and two hours prior to shows.
Hours may include prep time prior and post shows
Please send cover letter describing qualifications, and resume with three references to email@example.com with subject line Box Office Associate. Or mail to Whidbey Island Center for the Arts, PO Box 52, Langley, WA 98260, attn. Stacie Burgua.